Eye MakeUp Tips:
Would you like beautiful, alluring eyes? Eyes that attract and suggest? Eyes are the first thing most people notice. Properly applied eye makeup will enhance your beauty while eliciting a sense of mystery. Create the intrigue of the legendary “Bette Davis eyes” with these easy eye makeup tricks.
|Eye Makeup Step #1: Always Start With An Eye Primer|
|Eye primer helps create a smooth surface for the eye makeup. Once the primer has dried, you can apply an eyeshadow base that helps make the eyeshadow stick to the skin better. If you don’t have an eyeshadow base, a concealer or foundation will do.|
|Eye Makeup Step #2: Start With 4 Basic Shades|
|For beginners, you want to start with 4 basic shades to pull off an everyday natural look. You need a highlighter that is a shade lighter than your skin tone, a matte mid-tone shade, a contour shade that is 2-3 shades darker than the skin and a matte black shade. If you have a facial highlighter, you can use that too.|
It begins with the illusion of bigger eyes. Cosmetic tricks and fuller lashes make your eyes “pop.” Just follow the easy steps below.
Eye shadow and eye liner
– Start with the foundation and build. Apply a light colored eye shadow to upper lids and blend gently. You can substitute a small amount of liquid foundation for this step.
– Choose a neutral eye shadow color… brown or grey are recommended. Begin in the middle of the eyelid. Apply evenly, extending to the outer eye lid. Use a small amount. Add additional shadow in layers as needed.
– Finish with a darker shade of eyeliner applied to the upper lid. Add a little dark color to the outer edge, underneath the eye, if you’d like. Apply the color and smudge with your fingertip to blend.
Small, closely set eyes?
– To open the eye area, dab a bit of white shadow to the inner corners of the lid. This creates the illusion that the eyes are wider apart. Avoid dark shadow or eyeliner on the inner lid. This will make eyes appear even smaller.
|Eye Makeup Step #3: Grab The Essential Eye Makeup Brushes|
|You will need a small flat eyeshadow brush for application, a small and medium-sized blending brush and a smudger (optional).|
|Eye Makeup Step #4: Glide Your Flat Brush|
|Glide your flat brush on the lightest shade and apply this on the inner corner of the eyes. This is where most of the product should be and then you can easily blend outwards after.Make sure to tap your brush before applying to remove excess product.|
|Eye Makeup Step #5: Here’S A Neat Trick You Can Try|
|Dip the tip of the brush in water enough to dampen it. Then glide it on the eyeshadow and apply again in the inner-most corner of the eyes (tearduct area). You’ll be amazed at how pigmented it is.|
When you’re done with that, use the same color and highlight the arch of your eyebrows.
Eyes far apart?
– You need to create an illusion that is the reverse of the above. The first step is the same… apply light shadow to the entire lid. Next, apply a medium colored shadow to the inner corner and extend to the outer corner of your lid. Follow with eyeliner across the entire lid.
The allure of the curl…
– Use an eyelash curler to flatter your lashes. Don’t be intimidated by the little contraption – it’s simple to use. First, make sure lashes are clean… no leftover mascara! Then place upper lashes between the clamps and squeeze. Hold in place for 15-30 seconds. Voila… curly, sexy, lashes!
– Black mascara is the best choice for most women. Those with light blond or red hair can use brown mascara.
– Apply to the lower side of upper lashes. Begin at the base of the lashes, closest to the eye, and move to the tip. Separate lashes as you go by gently rolling the wand. And there’s no need to pump the wand in the tube (like most of us automatically do). In fact, that only adds unwanted air.
– For a dramatic effect, apply 2-3 layers, letting mascara dry between coats. This will help prevent ugly clumps.
*Important – To avoid eye infection, replace mascara every 3 months. That little tube is a haven for dangerous, breeding bacteria. And even though we know you’re a nice person, never share your mascara. That’s an open invitation to bacterial problems.
|Eye Makeup Step #7: Contour The Eyes|
|Using the contour shade, apply from the outer corner while blending into the crease on the outer half of the eye. Please make sure that you don’t blend too high because the mid-tone shade should always be higher than the contour shade.|
|Eye Makeup Step #6: Mid-Tone Shade|
|Now on to the mid-tone shade. Use a blending brush to apply the eyeshadow above the crease, blending from the outer corner inwards.|
How will you know you didn’t overdo it with the shadow? Hold your brush at the edge of your nose going up to the edge of the eyes. Anything below the line should be clear.