Eye MakeUp Tips:
Just imagine a situation in which you are getting ready for the most awaited day of your life. You have dressed up in the most beautiful dress, have on a pair of matching shoes, are carrying a classy handbag, have put on some exotic perfume, and are giving a final touch to your makeup, and have just glanced at yourself in the mirror.
|Eye Makeup Step #1: Always Start With An Eye Primer|
|Eye primer helps create a smooth surface for the eye makeup. Once the primer has dried, you can apply an eyeshadow base that helps make the eyeshadow stick to the skin better. If you don’t have an eyeshadow base, a concealer or foundation will do.|
|Eye Makeup Step #2: Start With 4 Basic Shades|
|For beginners, you want to start with 4 basic shades to pull off an everyday natural look. You need a highlighter that is a shade lighter than your skin tone, a matte mid-tone shade, a contour shade that is 2-3 shades darker than the skin and a matte black shade. If you have a facial highlighter, you can use that too.|
You look almost perfect, but still something is missing, is what you whisper to yourself in this moment of truth. If only your small eyes could look vibrant and spark up, no one can stop you from looking like a damsel and an all-time diva. However, is that really possible? Yes, it is! Read below to discover some really cool eye makeup tips, which can bring your small eyes to life and impart the finishing touch to your complete look that you desire.
• Eye makeup is simply about improvising. All you need is eyeliner, mascara, two basic primary colors and your creative skills. However, make sure you don’t go overboard with your creativity.
• Make sure that the eye base matches with the color of your skin. You can opt for using any of the power or liquid base foundations that match your skin tone.
|Eye Makeup Step #3: Grab The Essential Eye Makeup Brushes|
|You will need a small flat eyeshadow brush for application, a small and medium-sized blending brush and a smudger (optional).|
|Eye Makeup Step #4: Glide Your Flat Brush|
|Glide your flat brush on the lightest shade and apply this on the inner corner of the eyes. This is where most of the product should be and then you can easily blend outwards after.Make sure to tap your brush before applying to remove excess product.|
|Eye Makeup Step #5: Here’S A Neat Trick You Can Try|
|Dip the tip of the brush in water enough to dampen it. Then glide it on the eyeshadow and apply again in the inner-most corner of the eyes (tearduct area). You’ll be amazed at how pigmented it is.|
When you’re done with that, use the same color and highlight the arch of your eyebrows.
• Begin with applying the foundation on your eyelids.
• Once the foundation is evenly applied, pick up the eye shadows matching the color of your attire. However, it doesn’t mean that if your clothes are comprised of bright shades of yellow, orange etc, you end up applying eye shadow of that same color. This can turn out to be a big makeup blunder. In this case, opt for subtle colors which go well with dresses of every color.
• If you want a natural look, opt for the shades of olive green and brown.
• However, if standing out is your mantra for the night, pick out the shades of charcoal black and red.
• Choose “black eyeliner” as it is the safest bet for everyone. Mark the eyeliner carefully under and over the eyelids.
• If you wish to impart a striking look to your eyes, opt for liquid eyeliner.
• Always apply the mascara at the last stage of the eye makeup process.
• Mascara must always be applied generously and never be smudged off.
• You can opt for black or clear shades of mascara. Though, black is the most preferred shade.
Follow these simple eye makeup tips and witness the magic of your sexy eyes attracting the attention of people around you.
|Eye Makeup Step #7: Contour The Eyes|
|Using the contour shade, apply from the outer corner while blending into the crease on the outer half of the eye. Please make sure that you don’t blend too high because the mid-tone shade should always be higher than the contour shade.|
|Eye Makeup Step #6: Mid-Tone Shade|
|Now on to the mid-tone shade. Use a blending brush to apply the eyeshadow above the crease, blending from the outer corner inwards.|
How will you know you didn’t overdo it with the shadow? Hold your brush at the edge of your nose going up to the edge of the eyes. Anything below the line should be clear.