Eye makeup may be tricky, but with some practice, you can create the look you want for any occasion. From bedroom eyes, smokey eye makeup to the sweet and pretty look. Let you imagination go wild as you play up your eyes.
These practical tips help you get started
1. Keep you eye liner pencils in the fridge. Kohl can get soft and smudgy in the sun. Refrigerate the pencils before you sharpen then. As the kohl hardens, it would be easier to sharpen and to work with right out of the fridge.
2. Use a white eye pencil to line the insides of your lower lash line. The white would make your eyes brighter. Be careful you don’t hurt your eyes though.
3. Depuff your eyes before you use eye makeup. Lie down with your eyes shut an a slice of cucumber over each eye.
Image courtesy of Pinterest.com
4. Use a concealer to hide the dark circles, even if you want to go for smoky eye makeup.
5. For dramatic eyes, there is no need to go for a rainbow of colors. You could do it subtly with an electric blue eyeliner on nude eye shadows, or play up your eyes with a single bright color like violet, or even orange, but offset it with neutrals like browns, grays and blacks.
6. For cats eyes, try a liquid eye liner on the upper lash line. Start with a thin line from the inner corner, but thicken the line dramatically from the center of the eye outwards and wing out. Draw the line thick and upwards at the outer corner of each eye.
7. For day to night makeup, start off with browns and neutral eyeshadow. Okay, pink and peach would do fine too as long as the color isn’t too shocking. For night, add on a vivid color from lash to crease. And play up the eyes with a strong eyeliner.
8. Use metallic eyeshadow for glamour. A light touch of shimmer over the center of the eyelid and on the brow bone would suffice for day. For night, you could go for gilded eyelids, painting the entire eyelid gold or silver or a strong metallic for glamour.
9. Groom your eyebrows. There is no need to pluck them to a fine line. You could simply comb them upwards and trim them with a tiny pair of scissors if they are unruly.
10. Comb your lashes after applying mascara. Keep a clean, dry masacara wand to separate your lashes after each application of mascara. Use a mascara that builds length and fullness without going brittle or flaking or clumping.