Eye MakeUp Tips:
If you want a quick lash fix to adding some extra length to your lashes without the expensive price tag then there is no better option than false eyelashes. Your success at applying false lashes can be the difference between looking absolutely gorgeous or looking at hot, terrible mess. To ensure you get the perfect celebrity lash look, here is a quick 5 step tutorial to applying false eyelashes.
|Eye Makeup Step #1: Always Start With An Eye Primer|
|Eye primer helps create a smooth surface for the eye makeup. Once the primer has dried, you can apply an eyeshadow base that helps make the eyeshadow stick to the skin better. If you don’t have an eyeshadow base, a concealer or foundation will do.|
|Eye Makeup Step #2: Start With 4 Basic Shades|
|For beginners, you want to start with 4 basic shades to pull off an everyday natural look. You need a highlighter that is a shade lighter than your skin tone, a matte mid-tone shade, a contour shade that is 2-3 shades darker than the skin and a matte black shade. If you have a facial highlighter, you can use that too.|
1. Applying Makeup – Before you apply your false lashes, make sure you have finished applying all of your eye make-up. Complement your lashes with a stunning eye shadow, a highlighter and black eyeliner along the edge of your eyelid.
|Eye Makeup Step #3: Grab The Essential Eye Makeup Brushes|
|You will need a small flat eyeshadow brush for application, a small and medium-sized blending brush and a smudger (optional).|
|Eye Makeup Step #4: Glide Your Flat Brush|
|Glide your flat brush on the lightest shade and apply this on the inner corner of the eyes. This is where most of the product should be and then you can easily blend outwards after.Make sure to tap your brush before applying to remove excess product.|
|Eye Makeup Step #5: Here’S A Neat Trick You Can Try|
|Dip the tip of the brush in water enough to dampen it. Then glide it on the eyeshadow and apply again in the inner-most corner of the eyes (tearduct area). You’ll be amazed at how pigmented it is.|
When you’re done with that, use the same color and highlight the arch of your eyebrows.
2. Applying Glue – Take the eyelashes out of the packaging, separate them from left and right and place on a surface in front of you. Take your lash glue and while squeezing gently, run the eyelash glue applicator along the base of the strip. Make sure the base of the strip is covered from tip to tip to ensure your eyelashes with stick properly.
3. Applying Eyelashes – Wait till the glue is partly dry so it is sticky in consistency. Take a pair of tweezers and with then pick up your first eyelash strip. Align the strip as close to where your eyelid meets your lashes in order to get the most natural blended. Press down firmly and then fixate the rest of the strip to inner and outer corner of your eye. Press down with your tweezers along your lashes to make sure the full eyelash strip is fixed securely.
4. Repeating Eyelash Application – Repeat process with the opposite eye.
5. Extra Eyelash Adjustments – Now that your false eyelashes have been applied, you can touch up your eye makeup or even use your eyelash curler to curl your newly applied eyelashes for extra dramatic effect.
Whatever false eyelashes you choose, through using this 5 Step Tutorial to Applying False Eyelashes, you can achieve your celebrity eyelash look without paying a huge price.
|Eye Makeup Step #7: Contour The Eyes|
|Using the contour shade, apply from the outer corner while blending into the crease on the outer half of the eye. Please make sure that you don’t blend too high because the mid-tone shade should always be higher than the contour shade.|
|Eye Makeup Step #6: Mid-Tone Shade|
|Now on to the mid-tone shade. Use a blending brush to apply the eyeshadow above the crease, blending from the outer corner inwards.|
How will you know you didn’t overdo it with the shadow? Hold your brush at the edge of your nose going up to the edge of the eyes. Anything below the line should be clear.