Eye MakeUp Tips:
The smokey eye look is still very popular and it looks fantastic when done correctly. If not done well, it can look like you have 2 black eyes, and no one wants that effect! The smokey eye is sexy and dramatic and alluring. There are many, many tutorials out there that provide step by step instructions on achieving the perfect smokey eye look. In an effort to save you time and any eye makeup disasters, here is a simple step by step tutorial to achieving the perfect smokey eye.
|Eye Makeup Step #1: Always Start With An Eye Primer|
|Eye primer helps create a smooth surface for the eye makeup. Once the primer has dried, you can apply an eyeshadow base that helps make the eyeshadow stick to the skin better. If you don’t have an eyeshadow base, a concealer or foundation will do.|
|Eye Makeup Step #2: Start With 4 Basic Shades|
|For beginners, you want to start with 4 basic shades to pull off an everyday natural look. You need a highlighter that is a shade lighter than your skin tone, a matte mid-tone shade, a contour shade that is 2-3 shades darker than the skin and a matte black shade. If you have a facial highlighter, you can use that too.|
1. Prep your lid area. Using a primer designed for the eyelid is a great way to make your eye makeup last longer and look fresh all day long. Apply primer all over lid area and let dry.
|Eye Makeup Step #3: Grab The Essential Eye Makeup Brushes|
|You will need a small flat eyeshadow brush for application, a small and medium-sized blending brush and a smudger (optional).|
|Eye Makeup Step #4: Glide Your Flat Brush|
|Glide your flat brush on the lightest shade and apply this on the inner corner of the eyes. This is where most of the product should be and then you can easily blend outwards after.Make sure to tap your brush before applying to remove excess product.|
|Eye Makeup Step #5: Here’S A Neat Trick You Can Try|
|Dip the tip of the brush in water enough to dampen it. Then glide it on the eyeshadow and apply again in the inner-most corner of the eyes (tearduct area). You’ll be amazed at how pigmented it is.|
When you’re done with that, use the same color and highlight the arch of your eyebrows.
2. Line your eyes with eyeliner. Any color will do. If you want an especially dark and dramatic look use a black eyeliner. Or change it up and use a bright jewel toned liner such as amethyst purple or green. Apply the liner to the top lash line.
3. Apply eyeliner pencil to the bottom lash line and smudge using your finger or a sponge. You can also achieve this by using an eyeshadow and smudging that after applying.
4. Use a light shimmery eyeshadow and sweep it over your entire lid.
5. Now, using a darker color eyeshadow and an eyeshadow brush, apply the shadow beginning at the outer corner of your eye and blend inwards. You do not want the darker shadow to go any higher than the crease of your eye. Also apply just above the lashes and smudge upwards. The key here is to blend your shadows together.
6. Step back from the mirror and admire your gorgeous smokey eyes!
With a little practice you will be able to do this in no time at all and can leave the house with sexy smokey eyes any time you like. Perfect!
|Eye Makeup Step #7: Contour The Eyes|
|Using the contour shade, apply from the outer corner while blending into the crease on the outer half of the eye. Please make sure that you don’t blend too high because the mid-tone shade should always be higher than the contour shade.|
|Eye Makeup Step #6: Mid-Tone Shade|
|Now on to the mid-tone shade. Use a blending brush to apply the eyeshadow above the crease, blending from the outer corner inwards.|
How will you know you didn’t overdo it with the shadow? Hold your brush at the edge of your nose going up to the edge of the eyes. Anything below the line should be clear.